This weekend has been extremely busy! There were big events happening at a major university in my town so the restaurant I work at was shlammed. This particular university is insanely expensive, so the families in town were ready to take their precious college babies to dinner and spend big bucks, woohoo! On nights like these, it is not unusual to have several tables order $200 bottles of wine. Here are some highlights from the weekend:
- Made some major money in just two work shifts, therefore putting me closer to paying off my credit card! …again.
- A very large gentleman at one of my tables tonight exclaiming “IF I DON’T GET MY FOOD NOW I AM GOING TO STARVE TO DEATH!” Normally rude customers frustrate me, but not in this case. I had to walk away from the table so he didn’t see me laughing. I so badly wanted to say “no sir, you are not going to starve to death. In fact, I think you have a good 3 months before your body has depleted it’s sources.” Mean, I Know. But if you are obese, don’t yell things like that!
- Met a family tonight who lived right by me in Northern Virginia, where I grew up. The street they lived on was where I got my first speeding ticket! I love being reminded of how small the world is.
- BBQ at my new favorite joint with Isaac. This place is country, ya’ll. You don’t even get plates, they just throw the food in front of you like pig slop. Anywhere that involves trough-like feeding is good by me.
- A shopping date with my best friend who I never get to see! Now that her hubby is home from Afghanistan, she has been able to get some time out of the house and away from the kiddos!
- Got a new hat. It may not seem like much, but this is me accepting that winter is coming. This is my “jumping on board with cold weather”, something that is usually hard for me!
- Pumpkin muffin baking (I’ll be posting the recipe soon. My mom has been baking them forever and they are out of this world).
- My favorite shows are back! The Office and Modern Family, oh how I’ve missed you.
- Had caffeine for the first time in almost 2 months. It made me really, really happy. Looks like I’ll be jumping back on the caffeine train, but drinking it in moderation this time.
- Finalized some exciting plans for the next few months. I am looking forward to: my sister’s baby shower, my best friend from high school coming to visit, seeing an old friend star in Legally Blonde in DC, and Thanksgiving in the NC mountains with a bunch of family. My heart is filled with so much joy when I think about the next few months and the people I will get to see.
- Rediscovered “dog shaming” on the interweb. Are you familiar with it? If not, you need to be. I want to buy a pet just so I can let it do bad things, shame it, and post pictures.
<photos are from dog-shaming.com>