I hate shopping. I hate clothes shopping. And shopping in places where there are a lot of people and horribly lit dressing rooms with fun house mirrors that trigger panic attacks because “are my hips and pores and jowls really that big?!?!?” But put me in front of a computer with a credit card and I will go to town. Amazon.com has both been one of the best things in my life and on of my worst enemies. I bought Amazon Prime last year (free 2-day shipping on most Amazon products, OMG I KNOW) and since then my ordering has definitely increased. When I’m feeling particularly lazy and know I am running low on moisturizer, I will order it from Amazon instead of going to the drug store. Ridiculous, right? But to me it makes sense. In 48 hours I will arrive home to a perfect little brown box on my doorstep with my shiny new tub of moisturizer inside. In fact, while writing this post I remembered I needed more shampoo and have already ordered it on Amazon. Iamaddicted.
So I decided it would be fun to take a trip down my Amazon order history memory lane to see the randomness that at one point I decided I NEEDED TO HAVE ON MY DOORSTEP IN 48 HOURS. Out of the many things I have ordered in the past few years, here are some of my favorites. Check them out, you may fall in love and become an Amazon Junkie, too.
1. Burt’s Bees fluoride-free whitening toothpaste– SLS and Fluoride can be harmful products in your toothpaste, but all of the “all natural” toothpaste products I’ve tried so far (Tom’s, Jason, a few others) have been nasty. They left my mouth feeling like I had just brushed my teeth with horse manure. Seriously, horse breath is all I could think of. This Burt’s Bees toothpaste has been awesome! Tastes good, prevents canker sores, and really does whiten your teeth!
2. Synergy Digital Replacement Charger– If you have a DSLR camera, especially a Canon Rebel, BUY THIS CHARGER! It is so much more convenient than the one the camera comes with, and works great!
3. 6-foot iPhone charger cables– This is seriously a first world problem, but if you are like me, then you have suffered from this too. You’re laying in bed and desperately want to talk to someone on the phone or look something up but can’t because your iPhone charger cord is approximately 2 inches long. At least it feels that way. Solution? These cords. They are the perfect lazy-ass-American-first-world-problems length!
4. Grandma’s Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals– This is a postcard book that I freaking love. It has the most hilarious post cards to send to loved ones (or enemies). In fact, I’ve had it for over a month and still haven’t sent one out, I just can’t part with the hilariousness yet!
5. Magnetic measuring spoons– Okay so I ordered a these for a friend, but they are awesome!! I keep meaning to order a set for myself. They snap together so nicely and help organize the clutter.
6. Yoga Mat Flip Flops– It feels like you are walking on a cloud filled with marshmallows, feathers, puppies, and kittens. Favorite flippy floppies ever!
7. Kuhn Rikon Knives– these were on my “favorite things of 2012” list and I’m putting them on this list again because they are that awesome. Isaac recently bought me a second set because I love my original set so much. They stay sharp and have little blade covers so you can travel with them.
8. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Makeup– I love this foundation, I’ve worn it for years! Amazon makes it so I don’t have to enter the dreaded mall to find it, score.
9. iPhone Cases Galore– Sure, they are not Otterbox quality, but I’m not an Otterbox kind of girl. I’m the kind of crazy person who likes to change my iPhone’s case, background, and layout every few weeks so it feels like my phone is “new.” Did you know Amazon has hundreds of cases that are less than $5? Yes, they are made in China and Hong Kong so I may be breathing in harmful chemicals, but just LOOK at how cute the case is. Lung problems worth it.
10. Waiter Rant– If you have ever waited tables, worked in the food service industry, retail in general, or have every just wondered what it is like, read this book. It was a lot better than I expected and was surprisingly funny. It didn’t feel like I was just listening to an overworked, underpaid server bitch about how mean people can be. There is some good insight and several quality stories!