In the past few weeks, I have received some blog awards from some pretty awesome bloggers. I am grateful and flattered! I finally have time to “play along” so I’ll start out by saying thanks to Yesterdaywasdramatictodayisokay for the nomination!
This award has the following rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Post the award to your page
- Tell 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 7 bloggers and tell them about it.
7 facts about myself:
1. Almost all of my t-shirts have a hole in the right armpit. When I take off a shirt, I always pull it from the right sleeve, which eventually stretches the fabric and makes a hole appear. Today the hole in one of my favorite t-shirts grew to the size of a grapefruit. I need to stop, I just can’t.
2. When I was home from college one winter, I went to the dentist and found out I had 21 cavities. 6 months prior, I had zero!!! I cried in the dentist chair and had no idea what had happened, as I have pretty good dental hygeine. Turns out the asthma medicine I was on (Advair) caused my teeth to soften and all the cavities to form. I don’t know who was more upset, my mother who had to pay for the fillings or me. All I can say is THANK GOD white fillings were invented before this or I would have a serious grill going on.
3. I couldn’t tell time until I was in 5th grade, and even then barely. I still have a hard time with analog clocks, I have to count each individual tick mark to figure out what time it is. There is some type of block in my brain that prevents me from fully comprehending this everyday skill. When I was younger I would wear a wrist watch and when people would ask the time I would say “uhhh my watch broke earlier today” so I wouldn’t have to stand there counting like an idiot.
4. I don’t drink. I used to, but it’s probably been 2 years since I’ve had an alcoholic drink. I don’t miss it at all.
5. I used to be fluent in American Sign Language and even had a few deaf friends. It was a really fun language to learn and use, and I still sometimes sign along to songs when I’m listening to them. I miss knowing the language really well.
6. I refuse to read books on Kindle, Ipad, Iphone, or anything digital. Give me the pages and binding, baby.
7. If I’m at my house, I do not wear “real” clothes. I will only wear yoga pants, t-shirts, boxers, or something as equally comfortable. I cannot imagine sitting in my house wearing something as constricting as jeans or *gasp* an underwire bra. Basically this someecard sums up my life at home (man, Isaac is a lucky guy!):
Now for my blog nominations. There are not many blogs I follow where I truly enjoy every single post. These seven blogs are some of the exceptions!
1. Celiac and Allergy Adventures (it’s a blog about exactly what the title says it’s about. There are so many boring allergy/celiac blogs out there but this is not one of them!)
2. Discovering Serenity (her tagline is “My Journey of Recovery from Trauma and Dissociation.” Her writing is honest, thought provoking, and always captivating. She discusses how she copes with Dissociative Identity Disorder.)
3. Essa on Everything (I discovered her blog when she was Freshly Pressed and have loved every post since! She’s funny as hell and speaks her mind.
4. Club Grant (my good friend Bridget started a blog when her son was born with two club feet. She used it as a place to vent, put her feelings on “paper”, educate, and update family/friends. It has since evolved into a random feelings/postings blog, and I truly love it.)
5. She Better (From the first post I read, I knew I loved this chick’s writing style and sense of humor. She’s one of those bloggers you get excited about when you see a new post sitting in your inbox!)
6. For Krein Out Loud (I think I found her blog when she was Freshly Pressed, too. Her writing makes you feel like you are watching a movie, and can’t wait to hear/see what happens next.)
7. Canyousaymomma (my sister’s blog, how could I not nominate it?! She posts pictures of my sweet nephew and often talks about her not-so-average lifestyle choices like drinking raw milk, making kombucha from scratch, and her views on anti-vaccination. PS you need to post more. Having three babies to watch during the day is NO excuse! 😉 )