When Your Worst Case Scenario Happens

Yesterday I read a tragic article about a 13-year old girl, Natalie, who died from anaphylactic shock due to accidentally ingesting peanut butter. After reading the first few sentences of the article, I grew angry with several questions racing through my mind. Why the hell didn’t they have an EpiPen on hand? Why did she…

The Gift of 10 Years

Ten years ago I was a freshman in high school, sitting in my first period cooking class in Fairfax, VA. My teacher turned on the television at about 9:30 am so we could see the news, she had heard that a bomb went off in the Pentagon. A few minutes after turning on the television,…